Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Time to Fly

It's been a long process, but today I finally get to pick up all of my translated documents---the last requirement before I send in all of my au pair paperwork.

After two months of tracking down documents, filling out paperwork, and surfing the Internet for anything with the words "Paris" and "Au Pair" in the heading, it's finally time to take the next step: send in au pair packet.

Check. Completed. Now what?

Now I sit patiently/nervously, waiting to hear back from the agency. It's all up to them now---nothing more that I can do other than keep my fingers crossed and pray that I am going to get a wonderful family; a family who will welcome me with open arms and teach me all about this beautiful culture that has intrigued me for so many years.

I've been waiting a long time and its taken quite a bit of baby steps to get to this point, but just a few more feet and I will have inched my way as far up to the edge of this cliff as I can possibly go.

Now the only thing left for me to do is to decide whether I'm going to fall off or fly....


Give me my wings; I'm ready to soar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dani,
We are all praying that you get a really great family on your trip to Spain. I'm sure you'll do just fine. You make friends really easily and I'm sure they'll love you instantaniously. Even though you're right at the edge of the cliff, when you get your package back you'll back away onto safer ground. Like I said before, we're all hoping and praying for you.
Love always,
The Little Blonde Kid

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Court--but by the way, it's Paris, not Spain-haha. I love you, munchkin!