Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Grandma Becky

You are the one who I wanted to brush my hair when I was younger because of your sweet and gentle touch.

You are the one who I always wanted to play dress up with because you would let me wear your tiara while I danced around the house in all of your pretty nightgowns.

You are the one who would let me drive on all of our magical trips to Disneyland, even though the RV never actually left the front yard.

You are the one who spoiled me rotten and treated me like your little princess.

You are the one who always had a smile on her face and an armful of hugs whenever I would come over to visit.

You are the one who played with me for hours in the pool while I splashed around pretending to be baby Shamu.

You are the one who always encouraged me to reach for the stars and to never give up.

You are the one who told me that things would be alright, even during the most difficult times in my life.

You are the one who has supported every single one of my decisions in life, even if deep down you really hoped I would have changed my mind.

You are a loving mother, wife, grandmother and friend; you are all of these things and so much more.


Today we celebrate you, Grandma Becky, and all that you have done for this family. Wishing you much continued happiness and good health in the many years to come. I love you, Grandma, and may you have a very wonderful Birthday!

3 comments:

Oberon said...

......i loved my grandma too.....and you are fabulous.

Luli said...

Yep, grandmother's are great.

And, don't worry about Paris, you will be fine and it will be absolutely amazing. As for worries about stalling career progression: Having the tenacity to experience in living in a non-English speaking country is immeasurably valuable. So any potential employer will, in my experience, view that positively! : )

Danielle said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Luli! I need all of the positive reinforcement I can get--makes decisions like these a lot easier to follow through with :)