Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Jinxed!

You'd think that by now I would know that I have a tendency to jinx myself whenever I get too excited about something so I would learn to just shut my mouth until everything is finalized---but noooooooo, I get too wrapped up in the moment and blab to EVERYONE only to have to turn around and say "Just kidding!!!"

So just to fill you in, I thought I found the "perfect" family to work for in Paris---single mom, two boys, family oriented, very friendly, studio apartment, leave in July, go on holiday with them to some island, receive extra money, work 4 days a week---blah, blah, blah. I spoke to the mom on the phone last Thursday morning and she was very friendly. We spoke in English most of the time but then she wanted me to speak in French and I SUCKED!!! It was so bad! I know I am much better than how I was over the phone, but it was just so difficult. I tried explaining to her that I can in fact speak French and I know that I will improve dramatically as soon as I become surrounded by it....but I guess that wasn't enough because I got a call from the agency this morning saying that the family had another applicant who's french was a little better so they decided to go along with her.

So needless to say, I'm feeling a little upset---I mean seriously, who gets rejected for a babysitting job?!?!?!? (look, I know it's more than just a normal babysitting job, but still, I'm pissed!)

Well, according to the agency, they have another family in mind- 3 kids, 10, 7 and 5 and should be getting me their information fairly soon SO LONG AS THEY WANT ME! But we'll see...gosh I only hope the saying "Third times a charm" proves to be right!!!!

I don't think I can handle any more of this rejection crap...

2 comments:

x said...

good luck!
you'll do great next time. x

Anonymous said...

I hope this is the right family for you! You've waited along time for this and I think you'll have some good luck this time around. Always here for ya.
The Little Blonde Kid