Monday, April 16, 2007

Strike One

She steps up to the plate, staring the pitcher dead in the eyes. "Come on, I dare you!" her eyes scream back towards the mound.

The pitcher winds up and releases the pitch.

"SSSSSTTTTTTRRRRRIIIIIIKKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!"

She steps back, heart pounding. "Whew! Alright, just calm down, you're fine. You've still got two more chances. The games not over- you've still got plenty of time to knock this baby right outta the park."



So that's where I am right now. Standing at the plate, waiting for the next pitch. I've already struck out with one family (by my own will) and now I'm forced to endure the pain of waiting for the next pitch. So now I wait. I wait for the pitcher (or more accurately, the agency) to wind up and send me another pitch (family). Am I going to let that one slide right past me and back into the catcher's glove in hopes of something better, or am I going to accept it and whack it out of the park??? Only time will tell, but for now I'd better put that bat back on my shoulder and get ready for the next pitch that comes my way.

2 comments:

Dehilly said...

You are going to be living with the family for a long time, so I think it’s in your own interest that trust your instincts about whether or not they were are right for you. I trust that you made an informed decision. Many of my friends changed host families, and it worked out better for them. (They still had problems, but not as bad.) Be strong, try make it work, and don’t be afraid to Swing Away.

x said...

ouch!
good luck Danielle. you are a strong player.