Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reality knows how to bite

After the initial excitement surpasses, reality begins to sink it's grimy little teeth into my skin.

I'm leaving.

I'm moving thousands and thousands of miles away. From everything; from everyone.

I'm living with people I've never met, in a town I know nothing about, where they speak French- not English.

I'm leaving behind 23 years of friends, 23 years of family, 7 years with my first love, and a lifetime full of security in knowing that I have family close by if I ever need them.

Over there I will be alone,perhaps not in love or spirit, but in reality.

But surprisingly, at least for today, I think I am okay with all of this...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK. YOU'LL DO GREAT!
The Little Blonde Kid

x said...

Danielle, you'll be fine. If you need anything, email me. We will both be on the same continent now :)

Danielle said...

Thanks, Chloe! And if you happen to make your way over to France during the next year, let me know- maybe we could meet up for some coffee!

blackcrag said...

Good luck with going to France. I've moved a lot in my life, including overseas and back, so i know how intimidating nd loely it can be.

I choose to think of it as exploring though. Going where I haven't been before, doing things I wouldn't have the chance to do back otherwise, seeing things in person I've only been able to read about in books before, and meeting new people. I read somewhere, 'A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet.' I try to live by that.

yay for you, and yay for adventure!